..Laugh as much as you choose,but you will not laugh me out of my opinion.. -Pride and Prejudice

Friday, November 16, 2012

I don't know what is happening,
I really don't.
Maybe my pheromones are off the charts,
or maybe someone is playing a sick joke on me.
But whatever it is, it has got to stop!

I'm sure y'all are like, "Megan, what in the sam hill are you talking about?"
Let me explain.
The last couple of weeks it is as though all of the boys from my past are resurfacing.
All wanting to see me, hang out, catch up, grab some hot chocolate, discuss our soon to be nuptials.
Ok, maybe not the last part.. but then again, maybe the last part?
It's is all very strange, and rocking my world a little bit.. Imma be honest.
Everytime a new text comes in I shake my head and just think.. "What in the?"
Now, let me explain something.
I know this is old news to some of you, but for those who don't know..
 I am a huge flirt.
"yeah, yeah that's not really a surprise."

No.
I mean I shamelessly flirt with EVERYONE.
But not just because I am trying to be cute or attract some mens, it's simply how I am programmed..
A semi cute, possibly 16 year old at the DMV.. flirt.
Soccer mom asking me where I got my shirt.. check.
President of the University.. you betcha.
Guy fixing the crack in my window.. sure.
Girl who posted a pretty pic on her insta.. absolutely.

So because of this chronic disposition to flirt, I have dated my fair share of interesting men.
If you lined up every guy I have ever been interested in, you would think I am a skitso...
No, really.
No two guys are that much alike, although they may have some similarities, they are all still worlds apart.
And individually, they have all been manageable and pleasant to be around, I love each and everyone one of them for opening my eyes to new and exciting experiences whilst teaching me mannnnny a lesson.
But would you want to combine all that energy into a few weeks?
No, no I submit that you would not.

"Duh,Why is she complaining about having boys wanting to hang out with her?"
I know, I sound like a spoiled rotten prude, but just hear me out.
Boys get in my head.
There I said it, out in the open.
I'm not as strong and stone cold as I may seem when it comes to the male gender.
Things they say or do get stuck in my mind and won't leave, especially if I like them a lot.
Hell, I'm still thinking about the flippant comment a boy made back in May about me going to the gym..brat.


I'm not rubber all the time, sometimes I'm that sticky, horrible glue.
So when all of the boys I've ever had at least lukewarm feelings for decide to crack open that tenderly closed door to our relationship.. I kinda want to scream, throw my phone in an ice box, and watch countless hours of Ellen.
It's exhausting.
I mean, there is a reason things didn't work out the first time, right? So why are we trying for the second?
(or maybe even third or fourth, I forgive too easily sometimes. Especially when a boys deep baby blues and pearly whites are twinkling at me, I melt)

Maybe I am supposed to be learning something from all of this..
I'm sure I am.
As of right now I have no idea what it might be, but I'm sure hoping the sunshine breaks through the clouds soon to shed some light on ridiculous situation.
If not, I might end up in a rubber room.. ok, dramatic.
But I will need extensive amounts of Ben and Jerrys Cherry Garcia Fro-yo to keep my head above water.
Mmm that sounds really good.
So in the brilliant words of her majesty.. we are never, ever, ever getting back together.. like ever.

Sorry for whingin.



xx my lovelies,
m.



3 comments:

  1. hhhhmmmmmmmm! Not sure how to take this.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you referred to Taylor Swift as her majesty, you're a girl after my own heart ;)

    Luckily I'm not in the whole dating game anymore, but I do remember all these feelings. especially the rubber and glue part- I'm the same way still with the words people say. it's awful.

    I hope things are going great for you miss Meg.

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GET OUTTA MY HEAD, GIRL. Ok but serrrriously, why are we living the same life like 40 miles apart from one another. It's seriously creepin me out...

    ReplyDelete