..Laugh as much as you choose,but you will not laugh me out of my opinion.. -Pride and Prejudice

Sunday, December 13, 2009

18 Days...

So here I am on a Sunday night, attempting to clean my room, and I decided it was time for me to start a blog. Cause I wanted to be a cool kid! And because I am leaving in exactly 18 days for Ecuador! (for those of you who don't know, I am going to Cuenca, Ecuador for 3 months this winter to work in Orphanages).
I can pretty much guess what your reaction is, simply because I have heard it about 50 times! It goes a little something like this, with a few alterations,
"Wow, That is so awesome! What made you decide to do that?"
Which can basically be interpreted as..
"That really is cool.. but why in the world would you do it?"
haha my answer every time..
"Because I'm gonna save the world!"
But the real reason I'm doing this is because you are truly the closest to god when you are serving others. I actually got this idea from my Beautiful sister Beth. She did this exact same thing a year ago. And after hearing her stories and seeing her pictures, there wasn't any doubt in my mind that I was going to do it as well. I can't really imagine a better way to spend my time than helping those in need. Not to mention, I love kids! So what could be more perfect?
And lets be honest... Who wouldn't want to see this face everyday for three months?
Anyway, there you have it! My very first blog, and the explanation to my craziness! haha That's all for today, but I promise many more posts to come!
xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment