..Laugh as much as you choose,but you will not laugh me out of my opinion.. -Pride and Prejudice

Friday, February 12, 2010

"Hello, Hello, Goodnight. I love you, baby!"

I can't tell you how many times I heard these very expressions while I was walking around the city last night! It might just be the only thing these men know in english, and it sure makes for an interesting walk home! haha

So yesterday morning we were able to take some of the special needs kids to these place called "The Banos." These are a series of hot springs that are actually heated by a Volcano, pretty cool! But the water was this nasty green color and smelled of sulfur! But it still was so much fun. And the kids loved it, nothing beat seeing their eyes light up when we told them they were gonna come swimming! It was the cutest thing ever!

After that though, I was extremely tired! And I went to my next shift feeling soooo light headed. My head felt like I was in one of the gusher commercial, all I wanted to do was lay my head down and sleep! And that night, after shift, we had to go to Hogar Miguel Leon, which is the all girls orphanage run by catholic nuns. When we got there I really needed to go to the bathroom so I asked Tanya, one of the girls to take me. The bathroom was upstairs by a balcony and for some reason we decided to go look over the courtyard and then we noticed lots of smoke, I looked to my left and could see giant flames leaping over the rooftops near a cathedral extremely close to the orphanage.

We all freaked out and ran all over the orphanage trying to find the best place to see the fire. I felt like I was in a movie.. Up, down, left, right. Following a bunch of little girls. When a few of the nuns grabbed us and took us to the roof, we got there and could see everything that was happening! We were all amazed, when all of a sudden I noticed some murmuring coming from behind me. When I turned around there were about ten nuns and 25 girls all lined up in perfect lines reciting prayers that they had memorized. I sat there completely entranced by what they were doing. I had never seen anything like it and I found that I forgot all about the commotion with the fire. It was the coolest/craziest thing I have ever experienced!


P.s. It's Carnaval this weekend! Updates on that coming soon:]
xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment