..Laugh as much as you choose,but you will not laugh me out of my opinion.. -Pride and Prejudice

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Q: How many Ecuadorians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: Couldn't tell ya..

But it takes four to get a hummingbird out of the Cuna!

Haha it was funny to watch three grown women and one nun try to catch that hummingbird.


So yesterday was one of my girls birthday! My little Ana Cristina turned two. We had a little party, made some cookies, watched some Barney since it's her favorite and dressed her up as a princess. I think me and Kylie (Cuna mom before me) were more into it then any of the kids! haha But it was still fun!

And another thing, (yesterday was a big day I guess!) when I showed up to work in the morning there was a baby I didn't recognize and when I asked one of the workers who he was she told me that he had been dropped off the night before. He is the cutest little boy ever, only about five months old with the biggest smile ever. Me and Ky decided he looked like a Christopher and since the nuns haven't named him yet, that is what we have been calling him.

But then it hit me... someone just dropped him off. Left him at the doorstep like in the stories you used to hear when you were little. Except it was real, and a lot of the time there is no happy ending for these kids. It broke my heart to think about, because when we work day by day you tend to forget that these kids don't have families.. they don't have moms to tuck them in, sing to them or love them. It breaks my heart, and all I want to do is take them all home!

I have always wanted to adopt, but since being here I have realized there is not a single doubt in my mind as to wether or not I'm going to adopt. Every child deserves a family and to be loved.

Xoxo


P.s. I just found out that "Christopher" received a name today, it's Jonathan. I like it:]

No comments:

Post a Comment